Jump-start your career or a new career by serving/helping others! We are accepting applications for both part-time & full-time positions. The following positions are currently open at our main campus in Williston, Ohio. Check back regularly to view the most up to date list of employment opportunities. To apply for an open position, please complete our on-line application HERE.
DIRECT CARE STAFF
Direct Care Staff
This position is assisting adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities with their daily needs at our Williston Ohio campus. Starting pay of $11.60/hour, No experience necessary. Must obtain and maintain certification in CPR/First Aid within 60 days of hire. We are accepting applications for all shifts: 1st (6am-2pm), 2nd shift (2pm-10pm)and 3rd shift (10pm-6am)
All applicants must have a HS Diploma or GED and be able to pass a BCI check, drug and alcohol/physical check, and lifting 40+ lbs.
All employees are eligible for benefits as follows: All breaks & lunchtime paid, PTO, holiday pay, 403B, health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, counseling, a success coach help, etc.
EOE, interested applicants please complete the application on line.
NURSING - LPN positions
Jumps start your career or a new career by serving/helping others! Come and join our family at Luther Home of Mercy, a facility (main campus) located in Williston, Ohio, and individual homes throughout Lucas, Wood, Ottawa and Sandusky counties. LHM is accepting applications for both campus and community programs (part time & full time positions) to assist adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
All applicants must have a HS Diploma or GED and be able to pass a BCI check, drug and alcohol/physical check, and lifting 40+ lbs. All employees are eligible for benefits as follows: All breaks & lunch time paid PTO, holiday pay, 403B, health, dental, vision, etc. Interested applicants may check out our website at www.lutherhome.org or apply online at http://lutherhome.org/careers/employment_application.html or at Luther Home of Mercy, 5810 N. Main St., Williston, OH 43468. EOE, interested applicants please provide your personal email address and phone number.
NURSING - LPN’s Positions
LPN’s if you are looking for something different in health care and are interested in a unique opportunity to use your skills in Long Term Care, then consider Luther Home of Mercy which is located in Williston, Ohio, (approximately 7 miles east of the former Woodville Mall). We are a Christian based organization supported by numerous Lutheran programs. Our campus setting has 8 unique residential homes, serving adult individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are currently hiring for 2nd (2:00pm-12:00am) & 3rd (11:00pm-7:00am) shifts.
Starting pay for LPN’s: $20.55/hr. and pay incentives within the 1st year up to $21.55/hr. with full benefits.
Shift differential 7 days a week from 3:00 pm to 6:00 am at $.40 per hour. Our campus has a fully operational Clinic, staffed by our own Physicians who have cared for our residents for a number of years, as well as a Therapy & Dietary Department that compliment our nursing services.
LPN unique duties include:
• Nursing case load on 2nd shift is approximately 24 individuals, 3rd shift approximately 48 (with a Charge Nurse and another nurse on the campus).
• Provide quality patient care, administer medications and treatments.
• Directly supervised by a Charge Nurse who oversees the campus, assisting with emergent and other patient issues.
• Campus Charge nurse is responsible for physician contact, rounds and notifications.
• Clinic scheduler is responsible for scheduling all labs, appointments and testing.
• Works as a team member, with other supervisory staff, who supervise each residential building and the Direct Care staff assigned.
• Shift overlap up to 1 ½ hours to provide informative campus reports, communication and adequate time for shift change responsibilities.
• Paid lunch and break times.
RESIDENTIAL COTTAGE SUPERVISOR 1ST OR 2ND SHIFT
The Cottage Supervisor participates as a member of the Cottage Leadership and Individual Habilitation Plan Teams and Leads, Coaches and Supervises the cottage Direct Care Staff and assist in ensuring that the residents’ needs are met.
1. Under the direction of the QIDP, in conjunction with the Cottage Nurse and IHP Team, leads/coaches and supervises the Direct Care Staff assigned to ensure that Individual’s needs are met which include but are not limited to health and safety; personal hygiene; appropriate clothing and personal belongings; recreation; therapeutic leisure time, etc.
2. Utilizes good judgement and decision making to assure that any resident need is fulfilled. Be responsive to changes in resident needs and crisis episodes and/or unusual incidents.
3. Works with campus leadership to provide Direct Care Service and Support to Individuals served and assure minimum staffing levels are met.
4. Participates in the Individual’s IHP, Behavior Management/psyche med meetings and special team meetings.
5. Assists with off-campus trips and medical appointments as necessary.
6. Assigns and re-directs assignments to assure appropriate cottage staffing in accordance with active treatment schedules. Monitors the implementation of each Individual’s daily active treatment schedule.
7. Performs supervisory functions for assigned staff, including, but not limited to, personnel interviewing and selection, performance evaluations, positive coaching and corrective action as required.
8. Facilitates DCS orientation and training as well as Cottage meetings and in-services. Provides initial mentoring of new staff or assist in facilitating mentoring of designated mentoring staff.
9. Performs necessary reviews and checklists and as needed services within the building to assure activities, programs and procedures are being carried out and appropriately monitored. Keep records including the Cottage Communication book, clothing inventories, etc.?
10. Maintains appropriate communication with individuals’’ families and/or responsible parties regarding resident needs and capabilities.
11. Maintain current knowledge in the field of DD and attend various in-services and workshops that are job related.
12. As a representative of LHM Management, enhance the public relations within both the facility and the community.
13. Commitment to Luther Home of Mercy’s philosophy, organizational goals, policies and programs.
14. Assist Program Service Department leadership in other related duties as specified.
15. Assigned to a schedule that reflects the needs and oversight of the Individuals and staff assigned. Primarily 1st shift or 2nd shift staffing schedules. (1st shift 5:30-6:30a to 1:30-2:30p) (2nd shift 1:00-2:00p to 9:00-10:00p)
16. Assigned weekends as needed one (1) out of four (4) or every other weekend as directed
1. The ability to physically assist in transferring and/or lifting (40#) residents as well as the ability to physically respond in behavioral interventions and provide hands on care as needed.
2. The ability to provide and perform support (DCS Duties) and reference information and evaluations.
3. Able to lead and perform functions of staff assigned as needed.
4. Able to Readiness to make decisions, render judgments and take action.
5. Able to demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
6. Able to possesses leadership, coaching and supervisory skills.
1. High School Diploma/GED with One (1) - Two (2) years of post HS/GED or comparable training and/or experience.
2. Supervisory experience and /or one (1) year experience working directly with persons with Intellectual or other developmental disabilities or other human service care/services.
3. Responsive to supervision and direction.
4. Supportive to the team concept of management / leadership.
5. Must hold a valid Driver’s Licenses (max of 4 pts.), and be able to safely operate all LHM vehicles.
6. Must obtain and maintain CPR/ 1st aid training
Please send a cover letter and resume documenting your qualifications and relevant experience to Luther Home of Mercy Attn.: Director of Human Resources 5810 N. Main St. P.O. Box 187, Williston, Ohio 43468. Or fax 419-972-4347.
OR COMPLETE AN APPLICATION ON LINE.
LHM EMPLOYEES IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION FORWARD A COPY OF YOUR RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST TO HUMAN RESOURCES (FAX. 419-972-4347)
HIRING FAIR ON NOVEMBER 7, 2019 11A-2:30P
YOU ARE INVITED TO LUTHER HOME OF MERCY
Supported Living Provider and Direct Care Support
INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATION WALK-INS WELCOME (BRING A FRIEND AND JOIN OUR FAMILY)
DATE: November 7, 2019
TIME: 11:00 am – 2:30 pm
PLACE: Luther Home of Mercy
Outreach Administration Bldg.
5810 N. Main St.
Williston, Ohio 43468
Jumps start your career or a new career by serving/helping others! Come and join our family at Luther Home of Mercy, a facility (main campus) located in Williston, Ohio, and individual homes throughout Lucas, Wood and Ottawa, Sandusky Counties.
LHM is accepting applications for full & part time and week-end only staff to assist adults with Developmental Disabilities; starting pay of $11.60/hr.
All Applicants must meet the following qualifications: HS Diploma / GED, and be able to pass a physical/drug test and BCI check.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.lutherhome.org., or fax resume to Luther Home of Mercy/Director of Human Resources, 419-972-4347. EOE
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT 419-972-4348 OR 419-972-4421.