Jump-start your career or a new career by serving/helping others!
We are accepting applications for both part-time & full-time positions for all three shifts. The following positions are currently open in our community-based ministries located in Lucas, Ottawa, Wood and Sandusky counties.
Check back regularly to view the most up to date list of employment opportunities. To apply for an open position, please complete our on-line application HERE.
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS
Direct Support Professional
LHM has individual homes throughout Lucas, Wood, Ottawa and Sandusky Counties’. At this time we are accepting application for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and weekend shifts to assist adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities. Starting pay of $13.50/hr. (add'l $2.00/hr for week-end shifts). Applicants must a valid driver’s license (max 4pts) with reliable transportation for transporting and auto insurance. Experience in home care preferred but not mandatory.
Also must obtain a CPR/FA (immediately) and Med Administration (within 30 days of hire).
All employees are eligible for benefits as follows: All breaks & lunchtime paid PTO, holiday pay, 403B, health, dental, vision, etc.All applicants must have a HS Diploma or GED and be able to pass a BCI check, drug and alcohol/physical check, and lifting 40+ lbs.
Interested applicants may apply online at http://lutherhome.org/careers/employment_application.html or at Luther Home of Mercy, 5810 N. Main St., Williston, OH 43468.
EOE, interested applicants please provide your personal email address and phone number.
SUPPORTED LIVING PROVIDERS - WEEK-ENDS ONLY
Supported Living Provider
Luther Home of Mercy, a facility located in Williston, Ohio has homes throughout Lucas, Wood (Northwood, Ottawa (Port Clinton, Oak Harbor) and Sandusky counties (Fremont). LHM is accepting applications for weekend only for all shifts to assist adults with developmental disabilities starting at $13.50/hr. additional $2.00/hr. for week-end shifts(3rd shift sleep rate at $10.50/hr). Applicants must meet the following qualifications: HS Diploma or GED, valid driver’s licenses (max 4 pts) with reliable transportation for transporting, and be able to pass a drug test/physical and BCI check.
HAB SPECIALIST -
The following openings are available in the Outreach – Hab Centers:
(3) Part Time Hab Specialist
30 - 35 hours weekly
No week-ends/No holidays
As part of a day program, the Habilitation Specialist will be responsible for engaging clients in a therapeutic environment which meets the program requirements and philosophy of the Luther Home of Mercy. The Habilitation Specialist may also choose to work additional hours as a Supported Living Provider, as the need arises.
Employees if you are interested in this position complete a NOTE OF INTEREST FORM and forward it to Human Resources no later than 02/01/2021 by 3:00 p.m.
HAB SUPERVISOR - GENESIS
Hab Site Supervisor
Luther Home of Mercy, a facility located in Williston, Ohio has Hab Center in Lucas, Wood & Ottawa County (Northwood). LHM is accepting application to hire qualified Hab Supervisor to assist Individuals with Developmental Disability in daily activities at LHM Hab Center’s. starting pay at $16.25/hr.
The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability needed for successful job performance:
1. Provide a combination of direct care to clients and supervision to staff.
2. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with LHM policy and applicable laws.
3. Plan, assign and direct work including training and performance appraisals, reward and disciplinary processes, addressing complaints and problem solving.
4. Schedule adequate staffing levels as dictated by ISP requirements and client need.
5. Serve as an advocate for clients.
6. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of required documentation.
7. Participate in the ISP and survey processes.
8. Insure appropriate nutrition and health care services to clients.
9. Insure site is clean and attractive.
10. Monitor any sales and cash procedures.
11. Provide consistent implementation of ISP plan goals to promote maximum independence.
12. Assume other related duties as assigned by supervisor and/or administration.
1. Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
3. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communications.
4. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
5. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists.
6. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
1. Must have a minimum of two years of college education or comparable training and experience.
2. Habilitation Specialist Certification, CPR/FA and Delegated Nursing Certification or willingness to obtain certifications.
3. Valid driver’s licenses.
LHM employees if you are interested please forward to HR a note of interest.
If interested, send resume to Luther Home of Mercy/Director of Human Resources, PO Box 187, Williston, Ohio, 43468, fax: 419-972-4347 or apply online at www.lutherhome.org. EOE