Jump-start your career or a new career by serving/helping others!
We are accepting applications for both part-time & full-time positions for all three shifts. The following positions are currently open in our community-based ministries located in Lucas, Ottawa, Wood and Sandusky counties.
Check back regularly to view the most up to date list of employment opportunities. To apply for an open position, please complete our on-line application HERE.
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS
Direct Support Professional
LHM has individual homes throughout Lucas, Wood, Ottawa and Sandusky Counties’. At this time we are accepting application for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts and weekend shifts to assist adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities. Starting pay of $12.00/hr. (add'l $1.00/hr for week-end shifts). Applicants must a valid driver’s license (max 4pts) with reliable transportation for transporting and auto insurance. Experience in home care preferred but not mandatory.
Also must obtain a CPR/FA (immediately) and Med Administration (within 30 days of hire).
All employees are eligible for benefits as follows: All breaks & lunchtime paid PTO, holiday pay, 403B, health, dental, vision, etc.All applicants must have a HS Diploma or GED and be able to pass a BCI check, drug and alcohol/physical check, and lifting 40+ lbs.
Interested applicants may apply online at http://lutherhome.org/careers/employment_application.html or at Luther Home of Mercy, 5810 N. Main St., Williston, OH 43468.
EOE, interested applicants please provide your personal email address and phone number.
SUPPORTIVE LIVING PROVIDERS - WEEK-ENDS ONLY
Supported Living Provider
Luther Home of Mercy, a facility located in Williston, Ohio has homes throughout Lucas, Wood (Northwood, Ottawa (Port Clinton, Oak Harbor) and Sandusky counties (Fremont). LHM is accepting applications for weekend only for all shifts to assist adults with developmental disabilities starting at $12.00/hr. additional $1.00/hr. for week-end shifts(3rd shift sleep rate at $9.50/hr). Applicants must meet the following qualifications: HS Diploma or GED, valid driver’s licenses (max 4 pts) with reliable transportation for transporting, and be able to pass a drug test/physical and BCI check.
VICE PRESIDENT OF LHM
Luther Home of Mercy is currently seeking a Vice President
General Description of Responsibility: The Luther Home of Mercy (LHM) Vice President is responsible for all operational aspects of LHM; both campus and community-based ministries. Pursuant to these duties the Vice President is responsible for the direct supervision of all Department Directors, assuring development, operation and delivery of all programmatic services consistent with the LHM mission, strategic planning, policies and all applicable rules, regulations and standards governing services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In addition, the Vice President will work cooperatively with LMM affiliated agencies and business partners in promoting the combined administrative service concept and strategies.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field-Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience in executive level supervisory/management positon.
• Experience serving Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities preferred.
• May be required to work a varied schedule including overtime and holidays, as necessary.
• In the case of emergency or staffing crises, may be required to work in other departments or in unfamiliar roles.
• Valid driver’s license and insurance with access to vehicle as required for accomplishment of duties.
• Good mental and physical health as necessary for accomplishment of responsibilities and duties.
The above position description contains the major responsibilities associated with this positon but is not intended to represent all duties and responsibilities. These responsibilities may change at any time to better meet the needs of LHM.
All applicants must be able to past a BCI check and drug and alcohol/physical check. Interested applicants please send a letter of interest to: Terri Rodriguez, President/C.E O of Lutheran Ministries of Mercy @firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 419-972-4347
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME'S BY FEBRUARY 19, 2021
HAB SPECIALIST - FLOAT
The following openings are available in the Outreach – Hab Centers:
(3) Part Time Hab Specialist
30 - 35 hours weekly
No week-ends/No holidays
As part of a day program, the Habilitation Specialist will be responsible for engaging clients in a therapeutic environment which meets the program requirements and philosophy of the Luther Home of Mercy. The Habilitation Specialist may also choose to work additional hours as a Supported Living Provider, as the need arises.
1. Establish a therapeutic relationship with each client, built on respect for the Individual.
2. Supervise and know where clients are at all times.
3. Help plan and follow daily schedules, i.e. activities and medication times.
4. Assist the client and/or provide services that may include basic personal care and grooming, bathing, care of the hair, and assistance with clothing.
5. Perform, and assist clients in performing, general cleaning and site/household tasks.
6. Assist clients to meet their goals.
7. Administer first aid or health care on an as needed basis.
8. Assist clients with budgeting and bill-paying as necessary.
9. Attend staff meetings and required training.
10. Understand and report unusual and major unusual incidents as required.
11. Participate in scheduled drill exercises.
12. Perform incidental neighborhood errands as necessary including accompanying the client to recreation/leisure activities, and health care appointments.
13. Operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner while transporting clients
and/or performing other work related duties.
14. Commitment to the program and philosophy of the Luther Home of Mercy.
15. Maintain accurate and timely documentation/records as required by licensure and Luther Home of Mercy policies and procedures.
16. Keep all information about clients confidential.
17. Must report to work when scheduled, and be willing to work flexible hours when needed.
18. Perform other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Employees if you are interested in this position complete a NOTE OF INTEREST FORM and forward it to Human Resources no later than 02/01/2021 by 3:00 p.m.
HAB SUPERVISOR - FLOAT
Luther Home of Mercy, a facility located in Williston, Ohio has Hab Center in Lucas, Wood & Ottawa County (Northwood). LHM is accepting application to hire qualified Hab Supervisor to assist Individuals with Developmental Disability in daily activities at LHM Hab Center’s.
The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability needed for successful job performance:
1. Provide a combination of direct care to clients and supervision to staff.
2. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with LHM policy and applicable laws.
3. Plan, assign and direct work including training and performance appraisals, reward and disciplinary processes, addressing complaints and problem solving.
4. Schedule adequate staffing levels as dictated by ISP requirements and client need.
5. Serve as an advocate for clients.
6. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of required documentation.
7. Participate in the ISP and survey processes.
8. Insure appropriate nutrition and health care services to clients.
9. Insure site is clean and attractive.
10. Monitor any sales and cash procedures.
11. Provide consistent implementation of ISP plan goals to promote maximum independence.
12. Assume other related duties as assigned by supervisor and/or administration.
1. Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
3. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communications.
4. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
5. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists.
6. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
1. Must have a minimum of two years of college education or comparable training and experience.
2. Habilitation Specialist Certification, CPR/FA and Delegated Nursing Certification or willingness to obtain certifications.
3. Valid driver’s licenses.
If interested, send resume to Luther Home of Mercy/Director of Human Resources, PO Box 187, Williston, Ohio, 43468, fax: 419-972-4347 or apply online at www.lutherhome.org. EOE
HEALTHCARE SL COORDINATOR
Luther Home of Mercy in Williston Ohio, a facility for adults with Developmental Disabilities (DD), is currently hiring a full-time Outreach Coordinator for our Toledo area clients. This position oversees the implementation of supported living services from clients through on-site management and supervision of staff member involved in service provision.
The Supported Living Coordinator will oversee the implementation of supported living services for clients through on-site management and supervision of staff members involved in service provision. When necessary, the Supported Living Coordinator may be required to provide direct service to clients.
1. As appropriate, assist with the development of individual service plan for each client based on clearly expressed functional assessment of needs and abilities.
2. Monitor client satisfaction with services provided.
3. Schedule and supervise staff.
4. Assure adequate coverage with regard to all fundamental client needs including medical, psychological, social, spiritual, recreational, economic or other perceived service needs.
5. Ensure the maintenance of a healthy, safe living environment at all times. Understand, report and implement appropriate emergency and evacuation procedures for any life threatening situation as well as any scheduled drill exercise. Operate a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner while transporting clients and/or performing other work related duties.
6. Maintain and monitor record keeping appropriate to comply with Supported Living Provider standards and Luther Home of Mercy policies and procedures.
7. Respond to problem prevention, identification, and resolution as appropriate to reduce or remove barriers obstructive to consumer welfare or development.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position maybe required to provide direct care services to clients when needed. Qualified applicants must have:
A Bachelor’s degree in related field with at least five years experience in DD and supervision
Certified in CPR/FA and med. Administration.
Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
Ability to schedule multiple personnel consistent with the needs of those served.
Willingness to work with flexibility of hours and on-call assignments consistent with the needs of those served.
Must be able to pass a physical & drug test, BCI check and have four (4) or less points on driving record; if interested, send resume to Luther Home of Mercy, 5810 N. Main St., PO Box 187, Williston, Ohio, 43468 Attention Director of Human Resources or apply online at www.lutherhome.org.. EOE