March 16, 2020: 1:00 p.m.
To follow-up from our March 12, 2020 Facebook post and letter, there have been new directives issued by the Governor, Director of the Department of Health and the Director of the Department of Developmental Disabilities.
We are continuing with the screening of our staff and individuals on a daily basis for symptoms of the Coronavirus or COVID-19. Those symptoms that we are screening for are listed below:
Symptoms: The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. 1) Fever: (body temperatures of 100.4 degrees and higher), 2) Cough and 3) Shortness of Breath.
In addition, Luther Home of Mercy is taking the following NEW precautions for all VISITORS:
· All visitors must report to the administration building.
· All visitors will be required to be screened for symptoms; however there will be no visitation permitted to a residential building. That also includes family members.
· No visitors of residents shall be admitted to any Home, except for end-of-life situations.
· We will communicate as much as we can via phone or other technology.
· We will continue to review IHP’s as needed using conference calling or other technology to hold team meetings. If a guardian is unavailable to approve a person’s plan, LHM may continue services per the existing IHP through June 1, 2020.
· If you do come on campus for a meeting, you will be screened and will not be permitted to visit any of the residential buildings. The meeting will be held in a room where your safety and others can be supported.
· The Receptionist or On-Call Department will issue a visitor pass (if approved) and will call the appropriate person regarding your appointment.
We appreciate your help in taking these precautions to keep our residents free of illness. Should you have any questions about our emergency preparedness plan please contact me at email@example.com or 419-704-8965.
Debra Wilburn, R.N.
LHM Infection Control
*Here’s a link to information regarding the Covid19. www.coronavirus.ohio.gov. Also, a call center has been established for the public. The center is taking calls from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day, including weekends. The number to reach the call center is 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634).
Terri Rodriquez CEO: TRodrig@lutherhome.org
Dan Housepian Director of ICF: DHousepian@lutherhome.org
Susan Witt, Director of Systems Support: SWitt@lutherhome.org